- By TVweb | Jul 22, 2013
Over the weekend, cast and crew members from the hit CBS series Person of Interest had their panel in Room 6BCF, where they debuted a special highlight reel prepared specifically for the SDCC panel attendees. The network has released video of the entire panel, along with the highlight reel and interviews with cast members James Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Kevin Chapman, Sarah Shahi, Amy Acker, and executive producers Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman. Plus, the network announced that Amy Acker, who plays the hacker Root, has been promoted to series regular in Season 3. Take a look at the videos, then read on for more details about what was revealed at the panel by executive producers Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman.
With the Machine gone missing and cybervillain Root on the loose at the end of Season 2, it's becoming increasingly difficult to get decent intel on Person of Interest, which returns for Season 3 September 24 on a new day and time: Tuesdays at 10/9c on CBS. Fortunately, fans of the hit surveillance drama from Warner Bros. Television and J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Productions were given the inside track by executive producers Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman today at the show's packed Comic-Con panel.
Details on the breaking news below:
Acker Takes Root
- The minds behind the Machine (Nolan and Plageman) announced that fan-favorite recurring guest star Amy Acker has been promoted to series regular for the upcoming third season, starring as Root, the Machiavellian cyber-hacker.
- First introduced in Season 1 as a foil for Finch and last seen in a mental institution, the conflicted cyber-terrorist Root will stop at nothing to find the Machine and set it free.
Want To Be The Next Person of Interest?
Nolan and Plageman also hinted that fans should keep an eye on the Person of Interest Facebook page in the coming weeks. Here's why:
- Warner Bros. Television and CBS are launching the Person of Interest Social Photo Opportunity, which will give the show's fans on Facebook the ability to submit photos for a chance to become a Person of Interest at some point during season three.
- Currently in development and expected to launch prior to the debut of Season 3, the Person of Interest Social Photo Opportunity will allow fans to submit personal photos through Facebook, with the possibility of their image being included in the show during an upcoming episode.
- For more information on the chance to become a Person of Interest, fans should "Like" the Person of Interest Facebook page at Facebook.com/PersonOfInterestCBS and stay tuned for details - which will be released in the coming weeks - on when and how to submit images.
When the POI Social Photo Opportunity Facebook app launches, fans will then be able to submit an image from their own Facebook account, add effects and then upload it to a database. POI producers will then select photos for use during upcoming episodes of the show, with new images appearing throughout the entire third season. Photos could appear at any time ... in any place ... in any episode.
The first two seasons of Person of Interest are available now for digital download (in standard and high definition) through all online retailers, including iTunes and Amazon Instant Video. Additionally, the complete second season of Person of Interest will be available on Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD on September 3, 2013.